Who am I?
My name is Govind and I am a Product Management professional based in Halifax, Canada. I help businesses build enduring product experiences through digital transformation, collaboration and communication.
Over the years, I worked with diverse businesses - from start-ups to global corporations. During my past experiences, I owned the end-to-end product development lifecycle and drove innovation from zero-to-one.
In the recent past, I have come to realize that I also enjoy writing and I write about topics related to Product Management, Technology, Innovation, and Entrepreneurship.
I lived most of my life in India followed by a few years in Germany and I moved permanently to Canada in 2018.
- I graduated with a Master of Technology Entrepreneurship & Innovation (MTEI) from Saint Mary's University in 2020.
- I also hold a Master of Science in Consultancy Management and a Bachelor of Engineering degree in Electronics & Telecommunication.
- I am a Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) - from Scrum Alliance.
- I am passionate about Data - and I am actively upskilling myself in Data Engineering Concepts.
I'm a Digital Technology & Innovation Leader with 10+ years of proven leadership and technology strategy skills to drive new business opportunities through innovation. I have helped companies of all sizes achieve profitability through digital transformation.
Actively engaged with cross-functional teams on designing new and optimising existing customer and agent product experiences across multiple channels and geographies. Strong understanding of digital product management, lean startup and design thinking.
Superior Technology Product Management & Market Intelligence skills. Strong experience in gathering product requirements, defining product roadmaps, identifying technical specifications, managing Product Backlogs, and engaging in the product development lifecycle. Demonstrated ability to create client loyalty above and beyond the sales relationship.
Some examples include:
As a Senior Product Manager at MightyIQ, I worked with over 10+ SMEs across Atlantic Canada and provided seamless growth opportunities, business efficiency and actionable insights. We helped build products for customers that helped them achieve scalability, reliability and performance.
As a Digital & New Media lead at Star TV, I gained strong experience in gathering product requirements, defining product roadmaps, evaluating system architecture framework, identifying technical specifications, Managing Product Backlogs and engaging in product development lifecycle.
As a Digital Business Head at Green Gold, I was recognized for technology leadership in building & driving the business from a startup stage to a market leader in the digital space. Managed and contributed to a high level of customer satisfaction.
Over the course of my many years of experience - I helped create, direct and manage the execution of complex projects in diverse business verticals. I helped customers achieve scalability, reliability and performance.
I get excited about opportunities where I get to bring a fresh and new perspective to tackle the product management challenges and product a positive ROI.
Fun facts about me!
- I am multilingual and I am fluent in English, German, Hindi & Telugu.
- I've been an avid traveler all my life and I visited 21 different countries over the years - hoping to cover many more in the years to come.
- My most popular travel destination is a tie between - Berlin (Germany), Barcelona (Spain) and Ho Chi Minh (city is Vietnam).
- I am learning forever - I hold 2 master (MTech & MS) degrees and 1 bachelor (Bachelor of Engineering) degree - hoping to add a PhD to my list. ;)
What Do I Do?
Areas of Expertise:
I offer technology consulting services covering wide-ranging business needs.
Through my product management skills - I own the complete product development lifecycle by driving innovation from zero-to-one. My Skills include:
- Product Lifecycle Management, Technical Product Management R&D, Requirements Gathering & Analysis, Thought Leadership, Technical Specs Documentation, Product Roadmaps, and Market & Competitor Research.
- Knowledge Of User Experience Best Practices. Critical Thinking And Analytical Skills. Problem Solving, Thought Leadership, Design Thinking & Technology Innovation.
- Thorough Understanding Of Mobile & Web Development. Development & Deployment: CMS - WordPress, Wix, Squarespace, Drupal & Joomla and eCommerce - Magento, Shopify & more. Deploy LAMP stack on the cloud (AWS, Azure & Digital Ocean).
- CRM + Marketing Automation + Web, Digital & Social Analytics - Develop, Deploy & Implement - Landing Pages, Workflows, Personalised Email Automation, Multichannel Marketing, Data - Google Analytics, Social Media Insights, Intent Signals & Analysis.
- Digital Growth Strategy, Market Intelligence, Technical SEO and Social Media Marketing.
If you're interested in working with me, please reach out by sending an email - hello at iamgrt dot com. Thanks for your interest.